Giulini’s history goes back as far as 1823 when the Giulini Brothers established a chemical factory for the production of sulfuric acid based on Sicilian sulfur.
At the turn of the century, the production of phosphate fertilizers, phosphoric acid and aluminium compounds was started. After the Second World War, the company expanded its product range to pharmaceutical compounds and raw materials, water treatment chemicals, food additives, chemical specialties for the paper industry, as well as inner-shoe components for the footwear industry.
In 1977, ICL – ISRAEL CHEMICALS LTD. took over the company and founded Giulini Chemie GmbH as their subsidiary.
Benckiser Knapsack GmbH (BK) was founded in 1967 by Joh. A. Benckiser GmbH and Hoechst AG. BK developed into a renowned supplier of phosphates for detergents, food additives, water treatment, and other applications, as well as of a wide range of industrial specialties. In 1990, Joh. A. Benckiser sold their shares to Hoechst AG and the company was renamed BK Ladenburg Gesellschaft für Chemische Erzeugnisse GmbH.
In 1996, ROTEM- AMFERT- NEGEV LTD.Rotem, a subsidiary of ICL, acquired BK Ladenburg.
As of January 1, 1997, BK Ladenburg and Giulini Chemie have been merged to form BK Giulini GmbH, a 100 % subsidiary of the ROTEM-AMFERT-NEGEV Group.
Then the BK Giulini group was bought by the israelian company ICL, that changed again the name into “ICL”.
In the 2015 the company was sold again and now its name is Summit Research Labs GmbH (SRL Pharma).